Wednesday 7 July 2010

Modern Country Bedroom


I wanted our bedroom to be completely immersed in Modern Country Style. Pared-down, simple blocks of colour and gorgeous, good quality bed linen - perfect for the attic-chic look I hankered after!


I'm so in love with the paint on the walls. I could stare at it for hours...and probably have! I chose Farrow and Ball's Light Blue - of course, not a true blue at all, but a dirty grey/green/blue. Incredibly restful, without being wishy-washy. I think it's one of the nicest colours in the world


I love clothes so I knew we'd need a lot of storage. I really enjoyed designing our cupboards. We've got 2 and a half double wardrobes and a large shoe cupboard, which you'd think would be enough for any girl (and her husband!) but I do seem to have a bad habit of expanding to fill the space I'm given!




I remember a story when I was little about Princess Penelope, who had one outfit for everyday of the year. My ultimate ambition!! (That's a joke, Mr Modern Country...).


I really adore how this room has turned out. It was one of the first rooms that we renovated so I was finding my way.
I feel that the design I chose allows the bones of the room, with its lovely old beams, to really sing.


More details to follow...

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





9 comments :

hagagÄrden said...

Thank you!!!

Ninni

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures, lovely poetic descriptions, lovely room. Thank you, Mrs Modern Country! - Angela

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

My pleasure!

Yiota said...

I love attic bedrooms! And the colour of the walls is dreamy!

Leigha said...

Gorgeous - especially compared to the 'before' picture. Really a lovely space!
Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. Cannot wait to see more of this space...

Anonymous said...

It is indeed a lovely room and a lovely bed - a yummy bed in fact! A bed you slide in between the sheets and it feels like your eating it...or its eating you...I'm not sure which...anyway I'm getting carried away!
I particularly like the bedside table with its antique handles.
Natty

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Thanks, Natty. I know what you mean! It's especially true on cold winter's nights.

Tarps UK said...

I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog. Your unique perspective sets you apart, and your storytelling skills are truly captivating. Looking forward to reading more! ltarpaulin uk

Ander Son said...

I found your article to be well-researched and backed up with credible sources. It's always reassuring to see evidence to support the claims being made. Great job! black tarpaulin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10