Wednesday 13 March 2013

Modern Country House Tour In White, Black And Brown...

Welcome to a real cracker of a house. Shall we meet by the front door wearing our best Modern Country Outfits?


Oooh my! You look utterly divine in that dress. Let's step into the hallway where our real journey begins.


How's this for another fantastic Flow-Through set-up?


Yes, it's big - verging on the ginormous - and far bigger than almost every house in England (possibly even if they were all combined, so stupendously big is this home!) but there are a whole tonne of ideas to be gleaned from this mammoth space so bear with me.


They all centre, once again, around choosing a palette and sticking to it.


Here the palette chosen is predominantly white with accents of brown and occasional touches of black. And, ooh-la-laaaaa, it looks the biz.


If you're slightly uncertain about palette-picking then may I be so bold as to recommend that you go down this route too?


Why? Let me give you two good reasons.


1. It's easy-peasy to shop for. Gone are the myriad of confusing choices colour-wise. If it's white, brown, or possibly black then it will fit in, if it's not, then look away, my friend, just look away and move on. 


And 2. It's pipsqueak to switcheroo in the future. If you get bored with the layout then you could move any number of items from room to room and it would still look great. In fact, not just great, but FABULICIOUSLY great!


Now, look, sweeties, I know this series is meant to be about dining rooms, and it is, truly it is, but the rest of this house is eye-candy at its finest, so, if you don't mind, I'd like to take this discussion upstairs. 

Meet me in the hallway on Friday?


Images via Angie Green

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





14 comments :

chris said...

This might just be my favorite of all time!

Calypso In The Country said...

I could live there in a second! Just gorgeous!
-Shelley

Highpoint Circle said...

Love it, love it, love it. Thanks for bringing it to us.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

With such a strict colour palette, you can also have fun by adding one colourful accessory and never be wrong I think as long as it's one accessory that you can switch every now and then. About next Friday, it's a date! Wait for me as it's awork day for me, but I'll try to be there as soon as possible!

rusty duck said...

It's lovely. And may even solve a problem I have right now.

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Oooh, mysterious! X

louise said...

Absolutely gorgeous, but - I hate widescreen TVs above fireplaces! That will have to go when I move in.

Miranda @ Pressing On said...

Sarah, I absolutely love this house!! Do you have a link for Pinning it? I always try to pin from the original source. If not, I've got to do some pinning straight from your site, because this house is too delicious not to keep a record of!

Unknown said...

Wow, what an amazing space. Stunning. x

Teresa said...

The Adress, please?
Going to book BA and move there THIS AFTERNOON ;) ahahahahah Might even leave kids and hubby behind if there aren't enough places on the plane :D
Thank you so much for sharing such loveliness and perfection.
Yours,
Teresa

Unknown said...

One of my favourites, Sarah, and so pretty. You are right that it is the ideas we take away that are the best part.

Thoughts for the day said...

sigh, I could just move in...

Thoughts for the day said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda Krolikowski said...

Hello! I just wanted to know the brand and style of the black kitchen pendant lights. Thank you! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10