Monday 16 December 2013

House Tour: Why every Christmas home should use red!

This is a great example of a gorgeously homely Modern Country Christmas. Let's step inside and see why it works so well....


 Heavenly touches draw your eye everywhere it has the pleasure of landing. It's neutral but that doesn't make it dull in the very least. Why is that? 


I very firmly believe that sprinkles of red add a warmth and vibrancy that is hard to create in any other way. 


It conjures up images of warm cheeks, ruby red lips and shiny apples at the bottom of stockings....exciting, passionate, fun....everything a home should be.


Just try and imagine this home without those magical pops of crimson. Yes, it would be calming, welcoming...but would it sing? Would it call to you the moment you entered, "Come in, sit down and make my home your home"? I think not...


I love using cherry red throughout the year but at Christmas I could hardly bear to be without it.


There's a reason Father Christmas wears red, you know!
Will you be using red this Christmas?



Via Zuhause Wohnen

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





13 comments :

Pamela Gordon said...

This is a gorgeous home and I love the red in it's mostly white interior. I have added some red this year too and am enjoying it. I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas season. Blessings, Pamela

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful home! I love the little pops of red, sometimes where you would least expect them. I am just finishing up my photos of our home so I can get the rest posted. I enjoy using red this time of year,..Thanks for sharing this lovely house with us!

Louise said...

It does not hurt that the house is also gorgeous, but those clear reds are gourgeous. I find though that when matching naturally red materials, like crabapples and pomegranate, the red baubles seem artificial. I think red china and throws are a better match for that. is it just me or do you also see the firehazard in the living room?

Richella Parham said...

I agree, I agree!! There's nothing like red at Christmastime! No wonder, since red is the complementary color to green! Beautiful photos!

Anonymous said...

beautiful collection of interiors - all truly inspiring!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

BEAUTIFUL photos!! I use red every Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Yes our tree is covered in red baubles! I love red, I totally agree with you that the decor above is gorgeous, but adding red makes it sing. We have red accents running throughout our downstairs all year round, it just adds warmth and gives the decor a lift.

rêve de vivre said...

Beautiful interior. Everything is beautifully harmonized. Fantastic. Andrea

Lori said...

Lots and lots of red over here in my Texas home. It is my favorite color too.

Elaine said...

I do enjoy a pop of red at Christmas. I mostly use burgundy in my home décor at Christmas it is mainly because yhe stockings are burgundy

Anonymous said...

Gorgeously decorated! A bit of red is a must for Christmas for me too! Hope you're enjoying the festivities and wish you a very merry Christmas my dear! xx

Earlene said...

It is beautiful but I have a question. What are the silver domed items for, sitting on the plates, at the table setting? Is it an upside down goblet? Pewter?
Loved everything!!
Merry Christmas

Cindy said...

I LOVE red, so I use it all year round. I have twice as much at Christmas time though. That is a very sweet house. thanks for showing it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10